Today in gym we were being Commonwealth Games athletes.
Firstly, we had to warm up our muscles then we tried sprinting. After that we tried long distance running.
An athlete needs: to drink water, eat foods with fat, proteins, carbohydrates, train regularly with a day off and get plenty of sleep.
Miss McIndoe came in to speak to us about what she eats to keep her healthy and fit while she’s training.
– if you eat before you do exercise it can give you a sore tummy
– you need to drink plenty of water a day
– if you want to be healthy, you have to eat a mix of proteins, carbohydrates and fats
– eating chocolate is okay, but just don’t eat too much
– eating lots of fruit and vegetables is good fo you
– Miss McIndoe eats something from every column (food group)
– Miss McIndoe told us that bananas are “super food”
– it’s important to eat healthy so that you feel good
– Miss McIndoe can lift up weights and roller skate because she eats well and is fit
– Miss Mcindoe can run through rivers, mud and climb through pipes. She couldn’t do that if she didn’t eat properly.
– Miss McIndoe is so healthy, she ran a challenge course like a soldier
– drinking water for you is better than drinking Irn Bru and Coke
– after training, Miss McIndoe always has a healthy snack.
We enjoyed having Miss McIndoe tell us about being an athlete.